Who We Want
Chicago International Charter School is seeking a leader who can create and coordinate curated learning opportunities across all functions of CICS in order to maximize the potential of all leaders within the network. The ideal Director of Network Learning:
- believes in the value of excellent collaboration and coordination across multiple stakeholders.
- creates connections and partnerships citywide and nationwide of excellent practices worth sharing with CICS network leaders,
- has the ability to deliver and facilitate compelling and curated professional learning experiences that expand the mindset of a range of educators, from school management organization CEOs to School Directors
- is a highly strategic teaching and learning expert who can oscillate easily between big picture strategy, execution and detail orientation; and
- can work closely with different educational model leaders to truly understand what needs they have for learning within there model.
If this sounds like you, continue reading to learn more about this role and our organization.
What You’ll Do
At Chicago International Charter School (CICS), we believe deeply in the power of collaboration and learning for leaders; Learning is not only for our students, but for our leaders as well. Currently, we partner with five school management organizations (SMOs) that directly manage clusters of our 14 schools, and each has its own brilliant academic model. We are presently incubating bold, new academic models, and we will continue to do so in the years ahead. Taking of advantage of collaboration across these SMOs and incubated entities, as well as providing differentiated learning opportunities for each entity in order to provide a differentiated and value add learning experience for our partners will be critical. The Director of Network Learning will partner all our Chiefs in order to help create collaboration and learning experiences for all CICS functions.
Specific responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
Facilitation of collaboration experiences across the network
- With input from SMO leaders, incubated entities, the CEO, Chief of Operator Excellence and the Chief of Strategy & Portfolio, develop meaningful opportunities for SMO leader collaboration that will drive excellence for the SMO
- With input from SMO leaders, the CEO, the Chief of Operator Excellence and the Chief of Strategy & Portfolio, develop meaningful opportunities for School Director collaboration that will help drive the improvement of student outcomes
- Work with each Chief within CICS to structure meaningful collaboration and working groups across key functions within the CICS network
- Schedule and execute all collaboration events for School Directors and SMO leaders and ensure all specific functional working groups are scheduled efficiently and effectively taking into account all other school year activities
Curated Learning Experiences for SMOs and Education Entrepreneurs
- Understand learning priorities for all SMO leaders and Education Entrepreneurs
- Create partnerships and relationships with nationwide experts that are relevant to SMO leader and Education Entrepreneurs professional learning priorities
- Curate differentiated learning opportunities for SMO and Education Entrepreneurs
Implementation and capture of all learning opportunities
- Lead facilitation or coordinate facilitation for all adult learning experiences across the network
- Capture all content and collaboration materials in a central hub that will be accessible to all relevant parties
- Build and maintain a budget for the collaboration and learning opportunities
- Manage resources effectively to make sure projects are on schedule and on budget
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 5 years experience in instruction and instructional leadership
- 3 years experience in adult learning and professional development preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and relationships nationwide with industry experts
- Knowledge of school systems and how they operate, including and beyond academics
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment, managing through ambiguity and desire to take on new challenges
- Commitment - You are passionate about the boundless potential of our students and providing high quality education options for all; your decisions are consistently made through the lens of what is best for students
- Service orientation - You are committed to providing high-level service to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive toward results - You anticipate and work to overcome challenges, persevere, get stuff done and meet goals
- Creativity - You have experience solving complicated and multi-faceted problems and generating a variety of innovative, effective solutions, and you value differing opinions and seek out dissenting perspectives to strengthen those solutions
Skills & Competencies
- Cultivating relationships and partnerships - You have a proven record of building trust with internal and external stakeholders including philanthropic investors, elected officials and internal team members
- Strong communication skills - You can translate complex content to key decision-makers and stakeholders, adapting framing and messaging based upon the audience
- Excellent project management - You can balance the big picture with the necessary attention to detail while maintaining a high bar for quality and high level of productivity
- Comfortable setting your own path - You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and are able to strategically prioritize time and competing initiatives, focusing on those that will have the greatest impact on students. You seek out and participate in opportunities to develop professionally so that you are constantly learning more about fundraising, public education, and issue specific to charter schools.
- Lifelong learner - You crave continuous improvement and learning opportunities both professionally and personally. You seek new challenges and are always thinking about possible solutions.
Who We Are
The mission of the Chicago International Charter School (CICS) is to be a vibrant network of unique Chicago charter schools that prepares students to thrive in college and life and empowers educators to innovate and lead. We strive to be a hub of excellence and innovation in Chicago education where every student flourishes, every school meets the unique needs of its students and community, and every success catalyzes citywide improvement.
CICS is entering an exciting time, embarking on the implementation of a new strategic plan. Joining our organization at this critical point in our history is an opportunity to be a part of leading CICS in a new direction.
We will continue to partner with high-performing school operators, but we will sharpen our focus on innovation, recruiting talented education entrepreneurs and supporting their efforts to innovate inside our schools and classrooms—ultimately, better serving Chicago’s students and their families.
Our plan is to develop CICS into a consistently high-performing network of academically rigorous, pedagogically diverse, forward-thinking schools that prepare every student for success in college or career – and the Director of Network Learning will play a critical role in meeting that ambitious plan.
What We Value
Our values keep us honest and help us determine the best course of action to meet our mission and vision.
- We are determined optimists. We believe quality of our schools must match the boundless potential of our students. We are uncompromising on quality and equity, fueled by the urgency to improve, and grounded in the belief that anything is possible if we keep striving.
- We are driven to make the world better for students. Our core purpose is to improve our world through education. All decisions are made through the lens of what is best for students. We have the courage to make tough calls that benefit students in the long term and a deep commitment to our work.
- We nurture new ideas. We give brave approaches the space to take root and the support to flourish. We are driven by data, embrace constant iteration, and have the curiosity to learn alongside our students so we can constantly improve.
- We get stuff done. We believe in hard work and humility. We’re focused on delivering results and we always maintain high expectations—for our students and ourselves.
- We are powered by people and partnership. We value our partners and our relationships. We maintain trust through transparency, direct communication, and integrity. We work together with compassion and without ego because we know the best solutions are forged collectively.
- We prioritize diversity and authenticity. Diversity and authenticity are non-negotiable in education. We bring our whole selves to work and school, tackle questions of race and equity, listen, and tap into the power of our differences individually and as a network.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package, including: salary commensurate with experience; paid-time off; a benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance; a flexible spending account option; commuter benefits; disability as well as life insurance. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside dedicated colleagues committed to providing high-quality, innovative educational options for families across Chicago.
- Reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives
- Interacts with the CICS network team, school operators, school leaders, educators, and school staff, as well families and community partners.
Apply right here, right now!
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. If you have any questions, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Equity
We are profoundly committed to ensuring that our schools serve as models of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Not only is it the right thing to do – it’s also the most effective way to advance racial and social justice. Because we live, learn and work in a diverse city and a diverse world, we value and expect cross-cultural competence and the continuous self-reflection and self-awareness it demands. Through our policies, practices, and attitudes, we cultivate a culture that prepares staff and students to respect, embrace, and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion within our schools and beyond them.
Chicago International Charter School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.